Thursday, February 28, 2008

The price of fame.

Gen. Mark Clark, former commander of U.S. forces in Italy during World War II and Korea during the Korean War, on being noticed in public:
It was a beautiful day in New York and as I walked along Fifth Avenue I realized somebody had been right behind me for blocks and I was curious, when finally the red light stopped my march, I was relieved to see a little old lady come up along side of me and smile and say ‘pardon my intruding on your privacy but I've admired you for many years.’ And I said ‘well thank you very much.... you make my day perfect and so on.’ The green light came and as I started to cross she said ‘and God bless you Senator Kefauver'."

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]