Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Watching the Tour de France.

Anna checks it out:
On Tuesday Nick and I went to Compiegne to see the Tour de France. Our day there consisted of several hours of loafing around in cafes drinking and reading, two hours of waiting by the race route and watching various promotional vehicles drive by (bottled water,, Haribo candies, shower gel, and Les Simpsons all favored us with free giveaways), and approximately 90 seconds of bicycle racing. That 90 seconds was cool, but given that it was only 90 seconds, I kind of don't get France's national obsession with bicycle racing. I kept reminding myself that the French probably don't understand the appeal of Nascar or the Kentucky Derby, but then I remembered that I don't like those things, either.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]