Thursday, December 14, 2006

Speaking of artistes.

Prospect Magazine (UK) has a list of the most overrated and underrated books of the year. I'm happy to say that I haven't read any of the most overrated, although Zadie Smith's On Beauty is on the shelf and somewhere in the notional queue. The consensus most overrated:
1. The God Delusion Richard Dawkins
2 . The Blunkett Tapes David Blunkett
3 . Everyman Philip Roth
The list of underrated books contains one about soccer I hadn't heard of: David Goldblatt's The Ball Is Round: A Global History Of Football. I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

Comments:
Hmm. I read Saturday, which I agree was disappointing.

I listened to Chronicles Volume 1 as an audiobook -- it was read by Sean Penn. I thought it was great in that medium, but I don't think I would have liked it as a book. It was a bit rambling.

I just bought Snow.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]