Friday, March 24, 2006

Nor am I clear why Sullivan would hand out such an award.

I am not a regular reader of Andrew Sullivan, but I gather that his "Yglesias Award" nominations go to posts that take unnecessary detours through exagerated victimhood ("I've also been baselessly accused of plagiarism by some of the same leftists now attacking Ben"), perhaps tinged with self-promotion ("I've had my work plagiarized by shameless word and idea thiefs many times over the years"), and gratuitous potshots at the other side ("the Left should cease its sick gloating"), before eventually getting around to an admission against interest ("Domenech's detractors are right."). This seems terribly unfair to Matt Yglesias.

Maybe I just don't go to the right places on the interwebs. I haven't seen any "sick gloating," only dismay that the Washington Post's commitment to Deborah Howell-esque ideological balance led it to hire a ideological hack like Domenech to counterweight Froomkin.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]