Monday, July 18, 2005

Bless those pointy-headed nerds.

So the old iPod wasn't functioning of late -- impossible to unlock it, no matter how the switch was toggled; impossible to do anything but charge it -- and after exhausting all other options, which is to say that I alternately toggled the switch and left the thing along, I decided to take it down to the Mac Store at the Evil Mall, the one that charges for parking. I got there late in the afternoon, and the wait to meet with one of the Geniuses (tm) was about two hours, roughly two hours longer than I was inclined to wait. I was about to leave, but I caught the eye of one of the Geniuses, a nerdy fellow in a lime-green tee shirt -- in his defense, the uniform du jour at the Mac Store -- and asked him if he could just take a quick look at my iPod before I left and came back another day. Ten seconds later, and with the help of a paperclip and a glance at and a nod from another lime-green shirted nerd, my iPod was fixed. Woo hoo! Go nerds!

As an added bonus, the machine at the exit to the Evil Mall's parking garage let me leave without paying.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]