Thursday, June 02, 2005

Writers from Oz.

Tim Dunlop, an Australian living in the U.S., says:

When I'm in bookshops here in America, I often keep an eye out for Australian titles. You see quite a few, and I'm sure you can guess which authors tend to show up most often. However, there is one Australian author whose work I see far more often than any other and if that sort of visibility is any guide, then that person is by and away the most successful Australian author in America.
And that author is . . . Garth Nix.

Who? I have a thing for Aussie fiction, and have enjoyed books by Peter Carey, Tim Winton, Murray Bail, Delia Falconer, David Foster, and many others, but I can't say I've ever heard of Mr. Nix. What am I missing?

Comments:
I've heard of him, but don't know much about him. Looks like he's a fantasy author.

The Aussie SF author I've probably read the most by is Sean McMullen. I can wholeheartedly recommend Souls in the Great Machine and its first sequel The Miocene Arrow.

I think Scott Westerfield and his wife Justine Larbalestier are Australian, too.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]